Monday, May 28, 2012

May 20th | Connor's 10th Birthday Party

Day 141 | May 20, 2012 - Sunday
We went from a Lego themed party to pool party in a matter of a week and somehow I pulled it off. Despite the fact that I had 101 fever, flu, and pink eye, the party was a blast and as Connor said "it was the best day ever!" I didn't get to take as many photos as I wanted or set up the decor exactly as I envisioned but no one seemed to notice. I was so excited about the shooty booth but could only snap a few minutes worth of photos before I was just too tired. I knew I had to get a few photos--I put too much work into this party not to document it. Here ya go...


The candy bar...


This was a lot of fun making...tree made of dum dum lollipops.


I can't believe I even got this much decor up



Swedish fish were a hit

...as were the pixie sticks and pool noodles (aka twizzlers). We also had life savers, beach balls (gumballs), starburst, orange wedges, gummy bears, smarties, skittles, and hot tomales.




Paige helped me test my lighting


I didn't have the strength to put up my large paper, so everyone had to squeeze in front of my small roll.


Pool water (aka blue hawaiian punch)


My watermelon shark (I called him Bruce) with jello water and swedish fish for him to eat...

...he came out so cute!


Connor's cake...the decorator spelled his name wrong for the second year in a row!




That's Connor swimming in his above ground pool

love the grill and chair props :)


It was delicious!




Connor and his buddy Noah





Everyone had a blast and I was completely exhausted but glad I was able to be a part of it and give him a party he could be proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment