Friday, June 1, 2012

May 21st through May 28th

Day 142 | May 21, 2012 - Monday
Connor is a tween! Seem like just yesterday I was holding a little baby boy in my arms and now he's just a few inches shorter than me, has a bigger foot then me, and an attitude to fit. He'll be starting his last year of elementary school this fall and before I know it he'll be a middle schooler...it's all going by too fast! He's such and amazing son, an even better big brother and I couldn't be more proud to call him mine!
 ♥ you Connor James

 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 143 | May 22, 2012 - Tuesday
You may have heard I came down with the worst flu E V E R ! Crazy fever, body aches, vomiting, exhaustion, migraines...the usually symptoms. What I wasn't prepared for was the pink eye. I'd never had it before. It started in my right eye Friday night and by the next morning my eye was completely swollen shut. 
Monday morning I woke up to find it in my left eye as well...fan-freakin-tastic!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 144 | May 23, 2012 - Wednesday
My little piggy loves french toast sticks. I know it's not the best food to be giving her but it's so cute to see her try big girl foods--plus it's soft to chew on with her two little teeth.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 145 | May 24, 2012 - Thursday
The girls love doing big girl things and I love watching them try. My favorite is brushing the girls teeth. Bree can be very independent and this is her absolute favorite thing to do. I usually use an electric tooth brush because the vibration is calming for the SPD, but when they do it themselves they prefer a regular toothbrush. This is Bree--she may not have it faced the right way but she sure did scrub those teeth. We also have to put very small amounts of toothpaste on because of their inability to spit and the fact that they may swallow and get too much fluoride in their system.
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 146 | May 25, 2012 - Friday
So, I decided to let Kelsey try this yogurt drink that I found by the baby foods. She's only drank from a bottle a couple times so it was funny seeing her trying to figure out what to do with it. I've tried it a couple times with her but she can't quite figure it out...I'll be buy a sippy cup soon!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 147 | May 26, 2012 - Saturday
Paige loves to give "kisses" which is more like a lick. She can be very loving to Kelsey but that can quickly change with a push, or bit, or pinch. That devilish look below is because she just bit Kelsey and got yelled at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 148 | May 27, 2012 - Sunday
A rough morning for Paige...after nine months the seizure monster came back with a vengeance. Every morning, before he heads off to work, Pete goes in each of the girls room to check on them. This morning he found Paige lying on the floor behind the door having a tonic-clonic seizure. We're not sure how long she was going before he found her but she had abrasions on her left ankle and ear from where she was rubbing against the floor. We quickly gave her a dose of Diastat and after 7 minutes the seizure stop. A few minutes later she began to seize again and these cluster lasted for almost two hours. They frequently suffer from Status Epilepticus and our biggest fear is that they will stop breathing. She slept until that evening (the towel is for the drool...there's lots of it when they are seizing) and by the next day she was more alert but suffered motor loss on her right side (Todd's Paralysis) for the next three days. As of Thursday she was back at 100%


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 149 | May 28, 2012 - Monday
Last minute Connor--that's his new name. Even though he's known about this school project for over a month, Connor decided that the day before it was due would be the best time to work on it. It became quite stressful but it was all worth it...he received an 104% on it! A++



No comments:

Post a Comment